- Applicants begin applying to residency programs
- Programs begin reviewing applications
- October 1- Medical Student Performance Evaluations are released to residency programs
- Our program begins interviewing applicants
- Interviews continue
- December 31 – Applications should be received by our program
- Final Interviews
- Programs and applicants input the rank order list of preferred applicants (for the program) and preferred program (for the applicant) into the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program).
- Deadline to enter rank order list into NRMP
- Match Day! Programs and applicants are informed of matches.
- June- Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program residents begin orientation in mid-June.
Eligibility & Application
When you apply for our residency program please use the ACGME# 1203521706. We are listed under the formal program name Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra Northwell at Phelps Hospital Program
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service, ERAS.
If you have problems with this link, please paste the following address into your browser: http://bit.ly/1LziKgL
Applications for residency must be submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Residents are selected through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
The criteria below are the minimum criteria for entering residents. All pre-requisite prior training must be successfully completed prior to beginning residency. The residency reserves the right to limit the number of interviews and to change the selection criteria.
- Graduated medical school within 3 years of start of residency from:
- Allopathic medical schools in the U.S. or Canada accredited by the LCME
- Osteopathic medical schools in the United States accredited by the AOA
- Passed USMLE/ COMLEX both Step I and II-Clinical Knowledge by the second attempt and passed Step II-Clinical Skills/COMLEX PE on the first attempt.
- Letters of recommendation from a minimum of 3 physicians practicing in the United States. Letters from family medicine or primary care physicians are strongly favored.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
Meet the requirements for New York state medical licensure.
- All candidates must be able to fulfill the stipulations of the residency contract
- The residency is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, veteran status or any other legally protected status.